I.T INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST
Due to rapid expansion, our client are seeking an I.T Infrastructure Analyst. This role will be full time an based out of their modern offices in Wokingham.
The role of IT Infrastructure Analyst is a technical hands-on role responsible for the support, maintenance and monitoring of systems and infrastructure with considerations for performance, availability, capacity and security.
Day to day duties:
- Manage, administer, and support the back-office systems and infrastructure on premise and in cloud-based environments
- Maintain effective monitoring across the entire technical estate, actively monitor the systems and infrastructure and react to the information that is provided
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to the helpdesk team and where necessary, directly to customers
- Have direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and act as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner
- Execute periodic Disaster Recovery testing according to DR plan documentation
- Conduct testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure on a regular basis including within AWS according to the Well-Architected Framework
- Manage and monitor the security posture of the infrastructure, support the IT Security function and ensure all IT security standards are implemented appropriately
- Keep process and procedural documentation up to date
- Work with the CTO to identify and implement improvements to the infrastructure support function and infrastructure in general
- Carry out and document internal infrastructure audits to satisfy ISO compliance and contractual requirements
- Undertake any other duties related to the role as may be reasonably required
- To perform all activities and duties in accordance with the relevant requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 27001, as applicable, and the Quality Management System Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Proven “hands-on” experience in a similar role
- An excellent understanding of AWS services, and a wealth of practical hands-on real-world experience using them
- Plenty of experience working with Office 365
- Highly competent skills using Windows Server based technologies including but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS and Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of Linux based server administration
- Excellent understanding of networking principles and technologies covering LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi (Switches, Firewalls, Wi-Fi APs and controllers)
- Plenty of experience working with physical infrastructure-based computer hardware such as servers, switches, firewalls, and storage systems
- Proficient at scripting
- A good understanding of database technologies (MySQL in particular) and experience administering them
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to produce documentation to a high standard
- Ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner with a pro-active approach, spot potential problems, escalate and react when necessary
- Deal competently with pressure and able to prioritise workload
- Collaborate effectively with other members of the IT team and wider business
- A desire to achieve a high standard of quality in all aspects of work
- Highly conscientious, well organised with a good eye for detail
Our client is offering a salary of up to £35,000 dependant on experience, 22 days holiday, pension, private GP care and a number of other benefits!
In line with GDPR regulations, we are making you aware that to proceed with your application we will need to contact you via email, telephone and/or text message. To receive future job alerts from us, you will be required to provide consent within our marketing preference options. The link will be provided in an email to you. Due to the high number of applications we are receiving, we are unable to respond to every application individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
- £32,000 – £35,000